Construction,Engineering and Manufacturing,Management
Permanent | Full Time
Morgan Hunt are delighted to be working in partnership with Barking & Dagenham College to appoint a Head of Construction, Engineering & Advanced Manufacturing.
Reporting into Assistant Principal, you will be expected to deliver outstanding leadership and management across the department and drive high quality teaching and learning within the designated curriculum areas.
The College is a vibrant and highly successful organisation based in East London with circa 12,500 students, circa 500 established staff and a turnover of £35m. The College offers routes into learning from entry level through to MBA level, including apprenticeships, higher level apprentices, higher education and job centre plus clients. They have technical specialist areas from level 3 and above with a broad based curriculum up to level 2. The College trains circa 850 apprentices, including circa 110 higher level apprenticeships and delivers work place training, traineeships and higher level technical and professional specialisms in their strategic vocational areas; Advanced Engineering, Construction and Infrastructure; Creative, Digital & IT; Health, Care and Applied Science and Professional and Educational Services across the pan London occupational sectors.
* Plan, lead and have curriculum development responsibility for the curriculum areas
* Responsibility for the overall curriculum management of the team, leading the development of people and teams
* Oversee the operational management and leadership of learner recruitment, the total learner experience, successful achievement of outcomes and progression of learners.
* Lead, manage and develop the CTLs and the curriculum delivery team and learners within your designated area.
* Develop excellence in teaching, learning and assessments through high performing teams.
* Promote a culture of quality improvement embedding quality assurance systems consistent with college quality standards.
* Lead and manage the development of the curriculum and its resources to ensure it keeps abreast of industry needs and requirements.
* Work collaboratively with the college business service areas to provide a high-quality learner experience.
* Implement and monitor effective one to one and tutorial programme
The ideal candidate will have:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Significant leadership within a Construction & Engineering department in the education sector
* Experience of managing complex budgets
* Proven success of developing relationships with employers
* Proven Staff development and change management skills
* Demonstrate an understanding of safeguarding and prevent and equality of opportunity
Salary: £46,500 - £49,500
If you are passionate and excited to make an impact within a thriving Further Education college, please contact the Morgan Hunt Leadership & Management team and for more information about the role please visit https://www.morganhunt.com/minisites/barking-dagenham-college Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role