Permanent | Full Time
Salary £20,468 - £22,771
Are you keen to work within education, meet new people and develop skills in the Further Education sector? If so, we have the job for you! Morgan Hunt have been a leading recruitment company in the public sector since 2001 and are winners of the best recruiter award. We are currently recruiting for a Exams Officers on a permanent basis to join an ever-growing team at a leading College based in Essex. *Please note: This is a permanent position, working full time hours, Monday - Friday
* To provide administrative lead on all aspects relating to College examination and achievement procedures, including liaison with students, parents, tutors, invigilators, examining bodies and College Managers. Act as deputy for the Examinations Manager when required. This includes offsite provision.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for JCQ and all awarding body compliance.
* Organise and manage examinations, which includes, but is not limited to timetabling examinations with key stakeholders both internal and external. Organise, manage and process achievement and completion for a range of awarding bodies.
* Timetable examinations with key stakeholders both internal and external
* Train, manage and co-ordinate invigilators and the invigilation process on an ongoing basis.
* Responsible for the management of the Examinations and Achievements process on a specific site but with the ability to assist and lead when Examinations Manager is unavailable.
* Assist the Examinations Manager in establishing and maintaining examination office and student achievement functions and in the continuous improvement of an effective Cross College examination and achievement process and ensuring that the student examination database is kept accurate and regularly validated.
* Make and implement recommendations to ensure a consistent and coherent approach is embedded Cross College.
* Maintain examination data on the college management information system using examination and awarding body information and undertake data validation activities to ensure accuracy of data.
* Maintain a library of examination and awarding body rules, regulations to meet college needs.
* Obtain examination access arrangements for students in liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
* Receive and process examination entry and registration in accordance with awarding body regulations, submit examination entries and registrations to awarding bodies at the appropriate time and receive, check and submit examination and qualification results
* Provide assistance to students and college staff on examination regulations and fees and provide information to the Finance Office for the invoicing of examination fees where required
* Distribute achievement certificates and prepare reports based on student achievements and examinations, to analyse, check, validate and modify data on the college management information system
* Participating actively in the performance management scheme, agreeing objectives, attending reviews and undertaking Staff Development as required. Support cross-college QA activities, including dissemination of good practice
* Promoting and supporting the development of the College's Equal Opportunities Policy, ensuring compliance in all aspects of the organisational function
* Such other duties as may be reasonably expected of the post holder
Successful Candidates must have:
* Valid and up to date Enhanced DBS (issued within the last year or on the update service)
* Excellent IT skills and have experience in working within further education and all UNIT-e exam applications.
* Comply with the College Health and Safety Policy and all relevant Health and Safety requirements.
* As the College is a multi-campus site, flexibility and willingness to work across all sites is required. During main exam season, you may be required to work across the two sites
*If you are not fully registered with Morgan Hunt, you will be required to come into our offices prior to being considered for any role to meet one of our consultants.
*You must have a Valid Enhanced DBS (issued within the last year on the update service)
If you are interested in this this position and wish to apply. Please send your CV Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role