Up to £38000 per annum
Permanent | Full Time
Advanced (level 3)
Lead IQA - Construction - Training Provider in South London
The whole purpose of the job
To have overall responsibility for quality of provision and quality improvement. To develop, implement and manage for monitoring and implementing compliance. To maintain and improve quality certifications and direct claim status. This will include leading and managing inspections and audits conducted by external agencies and to support the self-assessment process to promote quality improvement throughout the department.
The Lead IQA will lead in the delivery of high-quality learning and qualifications to learners and provide robust IQA processes for all courses. The Lead IQA will lead, motivate and develop a team of IQA's to ensure learners achieve their planned learning aim and make progression. The Lead IQA will work with the Skills Centre's Head of Quality and Learning to ensure the quality strategy is implemented and will manage and collect feedback from learners on programme and monitor quality of delivery within the programmes on offer and report changes in quality and compliance trends on the learner journey to the Head of Quality/ Delivery.
* To ensure learner starts and achievements are timely.
* To ensure retention of learners is in line with The Skills Centre's targets
* To ensure compliance, quality and consistency of assessment
Internal Verification and related activities
* To manage and where required internally verify all qualifications within the scope of area of responsibility.
* To prepare sampling plans for internal verification.
* To set up, prepare and minute standardisation meetings per quarter within the scope of area of responsibility.
* To organise and run External Verification visits within the scope of area of responsibility.
* To deal with any action points from External Verification visits.
* To ensure qualification units chosen to meet the full qualification and where appropriate its framework.
* To put forward to the Head of Quality/Delivery new assessors/trainers/tutors to meet changing requirements.
* Ensure that all assessors/trainers/tutors meet minimum requirements for vocational competence, CVs, Certificates and on-going CPD.
* To confirm Schemes of Work and Lesson Plans meet the requirements of the awarding body and funding guidelines for each component of the learners' journey.
* Working with the appropriate curriculum areas, develop Schemes of Work and Lesson Plans where required to improve the overall quality of provision for the department.
* To lead and support a team of assessors/trainers to achieve timely success rates with their learners.
* To carry out assessor/trainer/tutor moderation observations to meet awarding organisation requirements.
* To ensure assessors/trainers/tutors are competent to carry out initial assessment and inductions, vocational and functional skills assessments of learners and make decisions as to the suitability of potential learners to achieve relevant qualifications.
* To check the learner's plan of individual training needs has been adhered to.
* To check the compilation of portfolios and to monitor their quality of evidence.
* To be responsible for monitoring and tracking the assessment and verification procedure.
* To participate in course evaluation, quality assurance and self-assessment systems.
Key experience, knowledge and skills
* Assessing qualification
* Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment processes and practice
* Verifying qualification
* Management/occupational qualifications
* Extensive experience in working with accredited qualifications
* Experience of working in high demand environments, to targets and tight deadlines
* Strong communication and self-motivation skills
* Experience of working autonomously
* Proven experience of managing a team of staff at a mid-management level within a target driven e environment
* Comfortable operating at Management level
* Proven examples of being able to influence across an organisation
* Experience of managing within training/ education environment Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role