Up to £26406 per annum + £1812 London weighting
Contract | Part Time
Advanced (level 3)
Job Title: Assessor (Electrical - Apprenticeships)
* To carry out initial work-based visit to meet with apprentice and their employer to agree qualification plan - including units
* To carry out an employer health and safety check to ensure the workplace is a safe environment
* To plan and arrange assessment visits, work-based observations, with apprentice and liaise with workplace supervisors
* To assess evidence against vocational qualification standards
* To provide written and oral feedback to apprentice and employer
* To complete and update assessment records in accordance with internal and external quality standards as set by the Awarding Body and BDC
* To undertake, devise and record individual assessment action plans with apprentice
* To liaise with the IQA, other assessors, coordinators and others involved in the process
* To attend relevant meetings as appropriate
* To undertake any other duties as reasonably required commensurate with the post
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable adults
* Understand and comply with Safeguarding legislation in house and ensure that best practice is embedded in all working practices as required.
* Commitment to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, ensuring that this commitment is demonstrated in all aspects of the job role.
Health and safety
* To assist and help in monitoring and implementing of all Health and Safety control systems, policies including safe storage procedures within the apprenticeships department.
* To complete health and safety checks of employers as required, and monitor health and safety in the workplace for apprentice learners
* Be aware of, and comply with, legislations/competence standards relevant to the work of the Directorate
* Understand and comply with all college policies, including the Policy to promote Equality of Opportunity
* Be conversant with any or relevant Health and Safety, health and hygiene, safeguarding requirements
* Participate in any relevant Staff Learning and Development, Review and Appraisal Schemes
* Undertake such duties and/or hours of work as may reasonably be required of you, commensurate with your grade and general level of responsibility, at your main place of work or at any other establishment for which the College provides services. The above mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out other appropriate Duties by the Principal within the grading level of the post and the competence of the post holder. Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.